Marketing Leaders of D.C.A “Safe Haven” for CMO Reinvention, Brainstorming, and Reflection.
Why consider applying to the group?
The role of the CMO is changing rapidly. Career uncertainty and ambiguity are at an all-time high.
We look for leaders with a growth mindset who recognize the value of a safe haven for reinvention, innovation, problem-solving, and reflection. In other words, we create the conditions for you to be an effective executive.
Classic networking associations and vendor-led groups do not provide this accountability and peer support.
Membership includes these benefits:
Five Private Member Meeting Per Year
- Five private meetings a year at a predetermined, convenient location (1/2 day) – includes deep discussions and insight from 7-12 seasoned marketing executives in a confidential setting.
- Competitors never join the same group
- A seasoned group leader who will provide fresh thinking around your key issues
- Tracking of member results and progress against stated goals
- World-class guest speakers at member meetings. Past speakers have included:
- Chip Conley, former JDV Hotels CEO, bestselling author, and strategic advisor to Airbnb co-founders
- Dorie Clark, branding expert, MSNBC contributor, and bestselling author
- Jeanne Bliss, founder of Customer Bliss and Chief Customer Officer pioneer
- Dave Keil, CEO of several fast-growth tech companies, including QASymphony
- Nilofer Merchant, author, top-ranked TED speaker, and Thinkers50 Award winner
- SC Moatti, Managing Partner, Mighty Capital, Silicon Valley product management visionary, and author of Mobilized
- Joe Payne, former CEO of Eloqua (now Oracle) and Code42
- Shama Hyder, Founder of Zen Media, author, and online and TV personality
- Peter Friedman, CEO and Chairman of LiveWorld, and former Apple GM
Private, Confidential Coaching Sessions
- Private library of exclusive content, videos, and marketing planning resources
- One-on-one coaching sessions to keep you moving forward on your top priorities (1-2 hours each; once per quarter)
- Personal introductions and access to a global community (agencies, recruiters, VC firms, marketing automation firms, etc.) to accelerate problem-solving and access to pre-vetted resources
Full Membership Confab (every 18-24 months)
- Complimentary admission to our CMOs Leading Innovation Conference (CLIC) – 1 ½ days; once every 18-24 months (optional)
- Speaking opportunities at conferences to share insights and success stories
- Discounts on products, custom programs, and services offered by EnergizeGrowth®
This is not a casual “networking group over cocktails.”
If selected, you will commit between 28 and 60 hours per year on improving your marketing wisdom, self-awareness, personal relationships, and business performance. This equates to 1%-3% of your working hours.
We work together to help you design more discretionary and reflection time. You benefit. Your team benefits. And your loved ones will benefit, too.
How are members selected?
This membership isn’t for every CMO or Marketing VP. We look for committed, generous CMOs who have solid experience in their field. We schedule private conversations and strategy sessions to ensure mutual fit. We also ensure no competitors are in the same group.
Once accepted as a member of the Marketing Leaders of DC™, you join a passionate, high-caliber group of peers. We also match you with some of the top experts and advisors in the country to help you reach your audacious goals.
Want to explore whether Marketing Leaders of D.C.™ is right for you?
Please provide us with your basic information below. We will respond within 24 hours.
Fresh ideas, delivered to your inbox.
Subtitle/benefits here: Join 5,700+ senior marketing leaders and CEOs. You will be first to hear about our research, private events, and contrarian views on leadership and modern marketing. We are 100% SPAM-free, gluten-free, and cruelty-free.