Articles and Recommended Books
- Five B2B Trends to Watch in 2011Lisa’s latest book feature article in Entrepreneur’s Organization blog
- FastCompanyLisa’s expert articles in Fast Company.
- A “SMART” Start to 2011: Author Identifies Objectives For Growth Via SegmentationAs B2B organizations gear up for a year expected to see some bounce back of the economy, DemandGen Report caught up with Lisa Nirell, author of Energize Growth Now: The Marketing Guide to a Wealthy Company.
- The Bulletin – Tips for growing a business from a “energy officer”…Lisa Nirell, who refers to herself as the chief energy officer of EnergizeGrowth LLC, had worked in various business development and…
- ConsultantsRegistrar.com “How Consultants Succeed in All Economies”article features Lisa Nirell of EnergizeGrowth®.
- “Key Focused Questions to Keep Companies Healthy”an interview with Lisa Nirell of EnergizeGrowth® and Jerry Andres, CEO of Jeld-Wen Development Inc.
- Lisa Nirell’s “Five Questions to Energize Marketing”Featured article in Cincom’s “Ask the Expert”.
- Your Industry Is Changing? Do You Need a New Business Model?Vistage International Article an interview with Lisa Nirell
- “Ten Steps to Energize Your Business for the Recovery”American Express OPEN article by Guy Kawasaki. Lisa Nirell’s ten steps to energizing your business for the recovery.
- “Growth Into Action” Business Column:
from the San Diego TranscriptRe-igniting our city’s ‘burning desire’
Professional services resolutions for 2005
Goodbye suggestion box, hello profits
View all Growth Into Action articles written by Lisa Nirell
We are happy to recommend some of our favorite resources from other authors. We’ve added links to our recommended reading below. We’ve also included our Amazon.com affiliate search box to make Amazon.com searching and ordering easy.
We have personally interviewed most of these authors, CEOs, and entrepreneurs. Enjoy!
- Cycles: How We Will Live, Work, and Buy, Maddi Dychtwald, 2003. Solid insights on what your teams will care about in the coming decade —and how you can inspire them to be their best.
- The Art of the Start: The Time-Tested, Battle-Hardened Guide for Anyone Starting Anything, Guy Kawasaki, 2004. Guy knows intimately how passionate entrepreneurs fuel growth and define new markets. Win a prize if you can find my name listed in the book!
- Dealing with Darwin : How Great Companies Innovate at Every Phase of Their Evolution, Geoffrey A. Moore, 2005. If you find yourself over-investing in ‘non-core’ areas of your business and falling prey to price wars, this book is a must read. Strategy #3 is fueled by Geoff’s breakthrough findings on “growth mantras,” and over 100 company examples.
- The Discipline of Market Leaders: Choose Your Customers, Narrow Your Focus, Dominate Your Market, Michael Treacy and Fred Wiersma, 1995. A classic. Buy it if you plan on building, changing or expanding your growth strategy.
- Contagious Success: Spreading High Performance Throughout Your Organization , Susan Lucia Annunzio, 2004. Susan and her team completed extensive research that proves passionate teams drive higher profits. A great companion book to implement EnergizeGrowth® Strategy #1. Great examples and a list of common habits among leading companies.
- Think and Grow Rich , Napoleon Hill, Fawcett Columbine Publishing, 1937. A timeless classic to train your mind to feel prosperous and successful. You will learn from wealth masters and attract strong allies if you read this book several times! Use for implementing EnergizeGrowth® Strategy #4.
- Just Enough: Tools for Creating Success in Your Work and Life , Laura Nash & Howard Stevenson, 2004. Guaranteed to expand your vision of success through these volatile times. Great reference for building your Success Wheel™.
- Results-Based Leadership , Dave Ulrich, Jack Zenger, Norman Smallwood. Learn practical models to measure what you care about from the perspective of your customers and other stakeholders.
- Corporate Canaries: Avoid Business Disasters with a Coal Miner’s Secrets , Gary Sutton, Nelson Business Publishing, 2005.
- The Soul of Money: Reclaiming the Wealth of Our Inner Resources , Lynne Twist, 2003. Well worth the investment to learn the three toxic scarcity myths. It will also help you define your own balance between “earth” and “economics” in your life, and how you bring that balance to organizations you lead.