Imagine a “Safe Haven” for CMO Reinvention, Brainstorming and Reflection
Attention Senior Marketing Executives and CMOs:
- Are you struggling to move initiatives forward in the C-suite?
- Does your marketing team feel like order takers?
- Has pressure to prove marketing ROI reached a fever pitch?
- Has the social media revolution marched right past you?
- Are you running out of fresh ideas to gain a competitive market edge?
The Marketing Leaders of DC™ may be the solution. This exclusive CMO group is designed to help you:
- Increase commitment from your CEO and board of directors
- Raise the bar on your personal and organization performance
- Tap into the incredible, collective wisdom of the top tier CMOs
- Eliminate feelings of “C-suite isolation”
- Jump start new initiatives by testing and refining your plan
- Slash the time required to identify the best resources (agencies, data scientists, social media mavens, and more)
Our group purpose is to gather and inspire senior marketing leaders to share ideas and resources, create a forum for breakthrough innovation, and raise their level of personal performance. We discover and deploy new strategies to help CMOs thrive in the midst of dramatic digital, market, and organization change.
Here’s what CMOs and marketing leaders are saying about this group:
I have learned so much and I am very appreciative of the networking opportunities and also the knowledge that Lisa brings to us.
Awesome experience tonight with Lisa Nirell and her Energize Growth Marketing Leaders in DC … fascinating conversation … happy to be a part.
Executive Chairman, Get Satisfaction and CEO, Cintrifuse
Lisa has the power through her network to bring some people in who are truly impressive… you really do get to expand the way you think.
Vice President, Global Brand Marketing, Hilton Worldwide
I would have to say, one of the best sessions that I’ve been to in quite a while. I would also like to endorse the Marketing Leaders of DC organization … it’s a great forum to share experiences and learn a lot about the different aspects of marketing.
This group provides three important things: the best practices for marketing leaders, great advice from my peers, and Lisa’s ability to strategize with me on business issues.
The opportunity to work with other top marketing executives and strategize how we can keep our seat at the boardroom table is very important.
CMO, HR Certification Institute
We are a sponsor for Lisa’s CMO events…and I can’t recommend this more highly if you want to contribute to the thought leadership in this community.
Lisa’s Marketing Leaders of DC program is inspirational, thought provoking, creative, and fun–and she holds us accountable.
CMO, Walker & Dunlop
It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to build a network of this caliber on your own. I like to joke that the Marketing Leaders of DC™ is career therapy. In reality, it’s a great place to get feedback and enrich my network. These are people who I can rely upon.
— Eric Lecky
Lisa’s CMO breakfast represented a great variety of marketing professionals! I came away from the session reinvigorated, and more convinced than ever that the marketing function can – and arguably must! – bring real value to an organization.
— Michael Gleeson
Director of Marketing, Cohen Milstein Sellers & Toll PLLC
Lisa’s ability to lead high octane, seasoned marketing talent towards finding best practices is impressive. She possesses the ability to drill down on the top challenges while delivering real world examples. I would highly recommend that DC area marketing executives get involved in her organization to take their game and their companies to the next level.”
— Tim Hill
“During one of her CMO Breakfast Roundtables, Lisa guided an amazing group through a discussion that prompted some high-impact idea sharing and a number of good takeaways. Her panelists were top notch, insightful and very willing to share. Great event!”
— Lewis Waters
Co-Founder and COO, Celerity
Lisa Nirell’s CMO gatherings are not your run-of-the-mill networking events. They are a group of top-tier Marketing leaders gathered around an important and provocative discussion. I walked away with a full page of ideas, suppliers, and analytical tools. Lisa is one of the most thoughtful, current, and connected people you will meet in the DC area.
— Paul Timm
VP of Marketing, National Association of Federal Credit Unions
The CMO Breakfast Roundtable was informative and thought provoking, and I know I walked away with several things I immediately applied to my current role. Lisa clearly understands the evolving nature of the CMO role, and she is committed to delivering pragmatic and actionable information.
— Jim Ivers
VP of Marketing, Cigital Inc.
Lisa clearly understands the important role marketing leaders play within an organization. But she also recognizes the challenges these leaders face in getting attention to fully showcase – or even justify – why marketing is so critical to an organization’s success. Lisa is uniquely able to help marketing leaders break through and have real impact with senior management.
— Doug Kotlove
Division Marketing Director, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
Lisa’s CMO session was very meaningful for me. The discussion about the changing role of the CMO offered fresh perspectives, and gave me plenty of food for thought. This is absolutely essential as we continue to grow and adapt to the very competitive consumer electronics industry.
— Devon Mish
Vice President, Marketing & Public Relations, M-Edge
I found Lisa’s strategic analysis and approach different than many other advisers. The area that intrigued me the most was how critical it is to have feedback loops in place to make it easy for our clients to tell us what is on their minds, for better or worse.
— Stephen Friedman
Senior Vice President, Regents Bank
Membership includes these benefits:
- Insight from other seasoned marketing executives in a confidential setting—competitors never join the same group
- Six private breakfast meetings a year at a predetermined, convenient location
- Personal introductions and access to a global resource community (agencies, recruiters, VC firms, marketing automation firms, etc.)
- A seasoned group leader who will provide fresh thinking around your key issues
- Optional quarterly conference calls and breakfast meetings with market makers such as former Dell CIO Adriana Karaboutis, Cintrifuse CEO Wendy Lea, and former Eloqua CEO Joe Payne
- A private online forum for “quick hit” responses to your most pressing issues and resource needs
- A members-only library of exclusive content, videos, and marketing planning resources
- 1:1 planning and mentoring session to keep you consistently moving forward on your top priorities
- Member discounts on products, programs and services offered by EnergizeGrowth®
Is membership right for you?
Marketing Leaders of DC™ may be a fit if you…
- Need to boost top line growth
- Own profit and loss for your marketing organization (and even revenue goals)
- Report directly to the founder(s), CEO, President, or Executive Director
- Have an established market presence and customer base
- Are sincerely growth-oriented and action-oriented
- Have a passion to serve others
- Recognize the value of connecting with others with similar challenges
- Are a lifelong learner with a long term focus on performance improvement
- Want private access to marketing experts and seasoned executives
- Commit to protect group confidentiality
- Live and work in the metropolitan D.C. area
Marketing Leaders of DC™ is NOT an ideal fit if you…
- Work for a marketing agency, PR firm, or social media company
- Want to look good and be the smartest person in the room
- Need a place to socialize or promote your services
- Think peer groups are a luxury, not a priority
- Work for a lifestyle business, or a company in steep decline
- Dislike and resist accountability systems
- Want free advice but are not willing to help others
- Believe you can “go it alone”
- Work for a company facing severe internal or operational challenges (e.g. hostile takeover, divestiture, negative cash flow, etc.)
And here’s some background information on the founder, Lisa Nirell:
You are overworked, under-staffed, and under constant scrutiny from your Board and your peers. I know that when given the choice, most marketers choose to work harder and stay busy. It’s natural to avoid creating “white space” on their calendar to step back, reflect, and re-calibrate.
In light of the rapidly changing role of the CMO, I saw an immediate need to create a safe haven for reinvention, brainstorming and reflection. Classic networking associations and CMO affinity groups are simply not providing this service. That’s why I launched the Marketing Leaders of D.C. ™ in 2012.
Over the past 28 years, I have learned what marketing and planning models are working, and which ones are just time-wasters. I have spoken to thousands of CMOs and CEOs since I launched EnergizeGrowth® in 2002. I work with some of the world’s largest companies, such as Adobe, Bozzuto, Infor, Hilton, and Microsoft, as well as mid-sized companies generating between $20M-$900M in revenues.
My best clients become customer-centric market leaders. My highly acclaimed book, EnergizeGrowth® NOW: The Marketing Guide to a Wealthy Company, earned accolades from Guy Kawasaki, Stephen Covey, Marshall Goldsmith, and other luminaries, and has helped thousands reach their growth potential. The Mindful Marketer: How to Stay Present and Profitable in a Data-Driven World, earned a spot in the C-Suite Book Club bookshelf next to Jim Collins, Arianna Huffington, and Sheryl Sandberg.
The Marketing Leaders of DC™ is the elite group where serious marketing executives can thrive and design their organization—and their careers– for optimum performance.
For more details, read my full bio here or my LinkedIn profile.”
Shall we talk?
Let’s explore whether Marketing Leaders of DC™ is right for you.
Please provide us with your basic information below. We will respond within 24 hours.